slider

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Create Hope and an Echo of Humanity for the Indigenous People

I will not do a retrospective of the year because if we were to use a Quebec thermostat to measure the mood of Canadians in 2015, the needle would have fluctuated in different directions until the last election on October 19, 2015.


Acting on my destiny, hoping to change children's destiny 

The year 2015, more than ever, provided an opportunity to act on my destiny, hoping to create a change in children's lives. Change for change, not so! Find something better to tip the balance! What could create hope? What would bring revival? Who would include in the Canadian agenda long neglected topics in our Canadian history?

The outcome of the vote of October 19th 2015 offers change for indigenous peoples

Since the departure of the charismatic Jack Layton, everyone had given up. What would have been the outcome of the vote if he were here? We'll never know.

The Justin Trudeau team under the liberal party, has socially operated a course reversal. It's all very new, all is beautiful. Let's say that Canada's Commission of Truth and Reconciliation has allowed to re-open the issue of our long considered second class citizens, the Aboriginal people.

Giving back a space of dignity

The new federal minister is sensitive to the plight of indigenous peoples. The year 2016 will bring the winds of change that are necessary to move Canada forward, in particular with regard to the long and sad history of the federal government’s relationship with Indigenous People.

We will probably all expect actions. We, as Canadians, seem willing to establish a trusting relationship with our First Nations, to give them a dignified space, so that, in their turn, they obtain a decent standard of living and participate in an active and genuine way to the development of our beautiful country.

Our country was built by newcomers, who, if it had not been for the indigenous support, would not have survived. Without them, without their teachings, we would not have this vibrant and innovative Quebec culture. I am full of gratitude.


My approach is said to be a democratic process

In the early months of 2015, I committed to cross Canada over a distance of 8000 km, between Victoria, BC and Victoria County, NB, as of April 2016. If we are to believe some of my readers, my approach is a democratic approach. It is true that I will take to the pavement, but I will not engage in a manifestation. I'm just saying that "all children in Canada have the right to remain in their communities while being safe and enjoying the protection of a safe house."

Practical and sustainable solutions for the pursuit of my goal 

Almost unexpectedly, my three children gave me their full support. Even the grandchildren, and in particular, a boy of 8 years old, has suggested tips for my vehicle. All give me their moral support for the project No Child Should Have to Take the Long Way Home.

Throughout 2015, I also made new allies and met with possible sponsors. Their tangible support gives me courage. Each of them plays a vital role by providing concrete and sustainable solutions for the pursuit of my goal-a safe house/respite home for Inuit children so they can remain in their communities while their families work on their family unity.

The rest of my still budding project of the 8000 kilometer trek begins in the next few days. In the next three months, it is likely other agencies and individuals will approach me and on the road from West to East across Canada to be part of the discussions for the viability of the project.

Hoping to inspire a reflection and a support for a cause that is dear to your heart, I sign gracefully,

Lorraine Loranger

No comments:

Post a Comment